My next conversation is with a shark. That’s right – and I’ll call her that to her face. That’s because she is Lori Greiner, inventor, entrepreneur, star on one of the hottest shows on TV – ABC’s Shark Tank – and, as if you didn’t know, the Queen of QVC. The numbers are staggering: Lori has created more than 300 consumer products; she holds over 100 patents; she has sold half a billion dollars of products on two continents, through television and the Internet. She has hosted her show on QVC for 10 years, and “Shark Tank” is the highest-rated show on Fridays, bringing in more than 7MM viewers. (Originally broadcast 10-27-12 on The John Batchelor Show)
- Podcast: How the Internet Can Help Stop #HumanRights Abuse. Conversation w/@KAlexaKoenig, Exec Director @hrcberkeley workingcapitalreview.com/2017/03/podcas… 8 hours ago
- RT @WorkCapReview: “Biology's Lessons For Business,” a Scientific American podcast with @MartinKReeves and Simon Levin Listen here: https:… 6 days ago
- Matt Lewis & Taegan Goddard: What’s Going On with the Republican Party?
- Dan Drezner: ‘Foreign Policy for Campaigns is Like an Unexploded Landmine’
- Jim Messina: ‘It Was Always Going to be Close’
- Maureen Dowd: ‘This is Pure Madness’
- Taegan Goddard: Outcomes Look Bleak for Republicans
- Conversation with Former White House Economic Adviser Austan Goolsbee
- Conversation on Innovation: Turning the Lights Back On in Detroit
- Conversation with Dean Sippel: CEO, Jack Welch Management Institute
- Conversation on Innovation: How Private Markets Can Bring Clean Energy Solutions to Your Home
- Conversation with Nobel Laureate Alvin Roth: Who Gets What — And Why
Lori Greiner, Shark Tank & QVC
Posted by Chris Riback on December 21, 2012
About this site
This is the show I've always wanted to do.
Given all the arguing that dominates television, radio and the web -- the he said/she said, the all-or-nothing verbal warfare, the relentless search for scandal or quick quip -- the most simple element that drives important, human communication is often missing: Smart conversation.
Yes, there is a space that exists between the screaming -- between the one-sided agendas, the caustic commentary and irrational judgement that defines audiences down and drives much of today's content.
There is space between the noise. That's where "Conversations with Thinkers" sits.
At its best, smart conversation informs, excites and prods. It reveals, intrigues and explains. Always, it must entertain.
Here you'll find conversation on politics, business, foreign affairs, culture, economics, sports, public policy and more.
"Conversations with Thinkers" is for someone who wants to explore ideas in a rational way. Someone who wants to connect.
Thanks for listening. I welcome your feedback.
- October 2016
- September 2016
- April 2016
- July 2015
- June 2015
- May 2015
- April 2015
- February 2015
- October 2014
- September 2014
- July 2014
- June 2014
- April 2014
- March 2014
- February 2014
- January 2014
- December 2013
- November 2013
- October 2013
- September 2013
- August 2013
- July 2013
- May 2013
- April 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- April 2012
- March 2012